CHDK : Quick Start
If you don’t want to read this short guide, or the somewhat longer official CHDK User Manual , here’s a quick list of what you need to do to load and run CHDK.
- Download and install the STICK utility from this link >: STICK
- Run STICK to configure your SD card and install CHDK.
- Put the SD card’s lock switch into the “locked” position and put the card into your camera.
- Start your camera normally. You should see the red CHDK logo appear for a few seconds.
- Press the defined <ALT> key for your camera to enter CHDK mode. The <ALT> key is usually either the PRINT or PLAY button. However, some cameras use the DISP, VIDEO, HELP or FACE buttons so you might have to try different buttons to find the right one.
- Press the MENU button in <ALT> mode to access the CHDK configuration menus. Press the FUNC/SET button to bring up the scripting menu.
- Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode to run the currently loaded script.
- Exit <ALT> by pressing the <ALT> button again. Override settings and onscreen display option will now enabled while you are back in normal Canon mode.
CHDK Dummies Guide 2nd Edition was last modified: March 31st, 2021 by